As Jim Winkler mentioned in his column last week, it's been a very significant two weeks for several justice issues.
- Super Bowl and Human Trafficking - You may have been cheering on one team to win the Super Bowl but it's time for us all to join together to end modern day slavery. We hope you'll continue to utlize our new resource, The Power of A Story.
- Gun Violence Prevention - United Methodists joined other people of faith to urge Congress and the Obama administration to act now to prevent further gun tragedies in our communities. The interfaith national call-in on Feb. 4 generated over 6000 calls! You can still take action, call 1-888-427-0530.
- Immigration - There is growing support for just and human immigration reform. United Methodist Bishops and immigration advocates offered their thoughts on the bipartisan framework and President Obama's call for a pathway to citizenship.
- Human Sexuality - The Boy Scouts of America have delayed a vote on accepting gay members to the scouting program. Continuing dialogue on this complex topic is needed. Please contact the Boy Scouts of America to share your thoughts.
- Israeli-Palestinian Peace - Religious leaders call for bold peace initiative in Middle East and release document called "Twilight of Hope for Israeli-Palestinian Peace"
February is Black History Month! Here are some resources to learn and reflect on the contributions and legacies of African Americans: