For some children, socializing and learning are being cruelly complicated by homelessness, as Scott Pelley reports from Florida, where school buses now stop at motels for children who've lost their homes. Watch Hard Times Generation: Homeless Kids
Using everyday examples, Hennessy demonstrates how young children help, and are helped by, the people in their lives; grow and learn; and teach others. They share toys, feelings, and ideas. These actions create friendships, and friendships around the world create peace. ‘It might begin…because of you.’... read more »
Packaging Girlhood by Lamb & Brown In Packaging Girlhood we try to show parents the image of girls (sexy, diva, boy-crazy, shoppers) that's being packaged and sold to their daughters while also giving them the tools to help their daughters resist these images. We write about how girl power... read more »
I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont
• Encourages kids to embrace their unique qualities, differences and values.
• A great book to increase self esteem and realize that we are all one of a kind. read more »
Families Are Different by Nina Pellegrini
• Child is aware of adoption and also that her parents love her deeply
• Lists a number of diverse ways of being a family
Asi Vamos a la Escuela by Edith Baer
• Describes, in text and illustrations, the many different modes of transportation children all over the world use to get to school.
• Written in Spanish
All About Adoption: How Families are Made & How Kids Feel About It by Mark Nemiroff & Jane Annunziata
• Presents the realities (concerns, joys) of adoption and the process of adoption.
• Diverse presentation of families and interracial adoption.
The Code is an organization that protects children from sexual exploitation and tourism. Suppliers of tourism services can adopt The Code by implementing 6 criteria.
Love 146 seeks to end child trafficking and exploitation. This online flipbook contains statistics, stories and videos on child sex trafficking worldwide.
This is a video resource from the International Justice Mission that begins to describe the horrors of human trafficking.