For some children, socializing and learning are being cruelly complicated by homelessness, as Scott Pelley reports from Florida, where school buses now stop at motels for children who've lost their homes. Watch Hard Times Generation: Homeless Kids
My Adopted Child, There’s No One Like You by Kevin Leman
• Story of a adopted child’s fear of being different.
• Includes a discussion from the birthmother who decided that adoption was the most loving thing she could do.
Families Are Different by Nina Pellegrini
• Child is aware of adoption and also that her parents love her deeply
• Lists a number of diverse ways of being a family
All About Adoption: How Families are Made & How Kids Feel About It by Mark Nemiroff & Jane Annunziata
• Presents the realities (concerns, joys) of adoption and the process of adoption.
• Diverse presentation of families and interracial adoption.